Top-Quality Chicago Naturalization Lawyers Serving Clients in Illinois
If you are a green card holder who has lived in the United States for several years, you may be able to obtain American citizenship through a process known as ‘naturalization’. For many people, naturalization can prove to be a lengthy, frustrating, and all-around confusing process. To protect your rights and interests, you should seek professional guidance.
At Lopez & Sanchez, LLP, our experienced Chicago naturalization attorneys have helped many green card holders through naturalization. If you or a family member is considering getting ‘naturalized’ in Cook County, Illinois, we can help. Please do not hesitate to contact our law firm for immediate assistance with your case.
The Requirements for Becoming a Naturalized U.S. Citizen
In order to apply to become an American citizen through naturalization, there are several different eligibility requirements that you must meet. If you fail to meet any of the requirements, you will be simply not eligible to obtain citizenship. The most notable eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You must be 18 years or older at the time that you are filing your application
- You must have held your green card for at least five years
- You must have been physically present in the United States for the last 30 months
- You must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- You must have a general understanding of U.S. history and civics
- You must be able to demonstrate a good moral character
How Our Chicago Naturalization Attorneys Can Help
Even if you meet all of the eligibility requirements for naturalization, getting through the application process can still be extremely challenging. There is no reason for you to go through this on your own. It is recommended that you apply with assistance from a top-rated Chicago immigration attorney. Your attorney will be able to guide you through each stage of the process, including:
- Completing the N-400, Application for Naturalization form
- Attending your background check appointment with USCIS
- Preparing your for the English language tests and U.S. history/civics test
- Attending your immigration interview with you
- Helping you through any unexpected obstacles you might come across while applying for citizenship
Contact Our Chicago Immigration Lawyers Today
At Lopez & Sanchez, LLP, our top-rated immigration attorneys have extensive experience handling naturalization cases. To learn more about what we can do for you, please contact our team today at (312) 488-9737 or (847) 893-9106. From our offices in Chicago and Hanover Park, we are proud to serve communities throughout Northern Illinois, including in Cook County, Lake County, and DuPage County.
Follow Us on Social Media
This site is operated by Lopez & Sanchez LLP. All logos, trademarks and brands are property of their respective owners.
Attorney Advertising. This website Is designed for general Information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Testimonials are not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction of the outcome of your case.