Employment Visas

Chicago Employment Visa Attorneys

There are a wide variety of job opportunities in the United States and many foreign nationals want to enter the country to pursue the American dream. In addition, many companies in the U.S. want to recruit the most talented and qualified individuals worldwide to work for them – either on a temporary or permanent basis.

At the law firm of Lopez & Sanchez, we help companies and prospective foreign employees in and around Chicago obtain the necessary visas they need so they can achieve maximum success in compliance with all immigration laws.

Non-Immigrant Employment Visas

In many cases, a foreign national may only need temporary permission to live and work in the U.S. If you are not intending to remain indefinitely, you can apply for one of the following non-immigrant visas, among others:

  • H-1B – For people with higher education who plan to work in a specialty occupation, usually professionals. Lasts for three years and can be renewed.
  • H-2B – For either unskilled or skilled workers recruited on a temporary basis in a non-agricultural field (note: the H-2A visa is specifically for agricultural workers). Lasts for one year and can be extended in some situations.
  • L1 – Employees of foreign companies can be transferred to work in locations or subsidiaries of the company in the U.S. The visa can last for one or three years, depending on the type of company.
  • O – For people who have extraordinary abilities in certain fields, which is demonstrated by acclaim. This is also how many foreign actors come to the U.S. to work on films or television shows.
  • P – For artists, entertainers, or athletes (team or individual) coming to compete in the U.S.

It is important to note there are other visas available to non-immigrants from specific countries or for specific purposes. Applying for and obtaining the right visa for recruited foreign employees is often essential to the success of a project or business.

Immigrant Employment Visas

There are also visas available for people who want to work and live in the U.S. indefinitely and eventually apply to obtain a green card. There are different preference levels for such individuals, which are as follows:

  • EB-1 – For individuals with extraordinary abilities who often work as renowned researchers, professors, or international executives.
  • EB-2 – For individuals with advanced degrees (i.e. doctorate or Master’s) or exceptional abilities in their field.
  • EB-3 – For professionals, skilled workers, and similar employees.
  • EB-4 – For individuals who worked abroad for the U.S. government and for religious workers.
  • EB-5 – For business owners and others whose work will create jobs for people in the United States.

Contact Our Chicago Employment Visa Attorneys Today

No matter what type of employment visa you need for yourself or a prospective attorney, the application process can be complex and the criteria are strict. In addition, you want to secure the proper visas for any qualifying family members to accompany you to the U.S. At Lopez & Sanchez, our employment visa lawyers can help you with every step of the process, so call for a consultation today.

Follow Us on Social Media

Copyright 2023 Lopez & Sanchez, LLP. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

This site is operated by Lopez & Sanchez LLP. All logos, trademarks and brands are property of their respective owners.

Attorney Advertising. This website Is designed for general Information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Testimonials are not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction of the outcome of your case.