English Español

Free Consultation


Frequently Asked Questions

  • My visa has expired, what can I do ?

    You will need to file Form I-90, which is the Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card.

  • I am in the United States on a temporary visit and wish to obtain a permanent visa, what can I do?

    Get a sponsor. The majority of people have a sponsor, which is a specifically a family member, like a spouse or close relative, or an employer in America. There are a few other scenarios too, such as refugee status or self-representation.

  • My spouse, child or family member is in the U.S. illegally. Is it possible for you to make them legal?

    Yes, we can help you with this time-consuming process.  The USCIS has specific forms that need to be completed for your spouse, your child and other family member.

  • Once I obtain a green card, what do I need in order to obtain citizenship through naturalization ?

    The naturalization process takes time. You will need to fill out the Application for Naturalization (Form N-400), gather the necessary documents that need to be added to the application and then send the form, documents and fee to the relevant service center. The USCIS will send you an appointment time for the biometrics. After you have gone to the biometrics appointment, then the USCIS will schedule an interview with you.

  • I received a Notice to Appear in Immigration Court. Will I be placed in Removal Proceedings?

    The court will determine if removal proceedings will begin.

  • How long will my green card remain valid ?

    Your green card is valid for ten years. It is good to know that you can renew your green card six months before the expiration date.  A green card is technically known as an immigrant visa and the holder of the green card is considered a resident alien.

  • How Long Do I Have to File an Overtime Claim?

    Three years.

  • Do Employers use state labor law, which changes by state or federal labor laws?

    Employers always must obey the highest standard, so it depends and can either be the state or federal law.

  • Can My Employer Punish or Fire Me for Filing an Overtime Wage Claim?

    No, if an employer fires or discriminates against you for filing an overtime violations lawsuit, your employer can face very serious penalties. Talk to experienced labor law attorneys like Lopez & Sanchez, LLP to review the details you have.

  • How Much Does an Attorney Cost?

    The firm regularly takes wage theft, non-payment of overtime, whistle blower, and related cases on a contingency basis meaning the attorneys only collect fees if they win or settle a case on your behalf with costs also collected then.

  • Can I Bring a Case Against a Former Employer?

    It depends on what you plan to file. You can file for overtime that you think is due to you. There is a timeframe that needs to be followed though.  Federal law only gives you three years to file an overtime claim.

  • Are Certain Types of Jobs Excluded from Overtime Pay Lawsuits? What Counts as Work Time?

    Yes, there are some jobs that are excluded from overtime such as certain commissioned employees, railroad and air carrier employees, broadcasters, some domestic workers, motion picture employees and farmworkers.

    Work time varies from employer to employer.

Contact Us

Please complete the information below and one of our caring attorneys will be contacting you shortly.

Our Phone


24/7 Text Message


office location 1

77 W. Washington St.
Suite 1313
Chicago, IL 60602

office location 2

1645 Irving Park Rd
Suite 104
Hanover Park, IL 60133

Our Phone
Call or Text


Dzign House | Copyright 2019 All Rights Reserved

Attorney Advertising. This website Is designed for general Information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Testimonials are not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction of the outcome of your case.